Chicago Apartment Cleaning Service
1. Schedule A Cleaning Service
Schedule a home cleaning with Sparkly Maid online by selecting the date and time you'd like your cleaning professional to show up.
2. 100% House Cleaning Guaranteed
A professional cleaner shows up on time to clean your home, and you are charged only after your cleaning. If you have any questions, we're just a call away.
3. Enjoy Your Clean Apartment
Sit back and relax. Enjoy your Sparkly clean home!
Cleaning Services For Chicago, IL
Meet Your Maid Professional
✓ 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
✓ Same Cleaner You Know and Love Every Regularly Scheduled Visit
✓ All Cleaning Supplies Included
✓ Highly Reviewed By Hundreds Before You
✓ Discounts Up To 25% For Recurring Cleaning Services
HAPPY CUSTOMERS, HAPPY HOMES
99% of Our Customers Would Recommend Us To Friends and Family
Schedule Your House Cleaning In 55 Seconds!
- Regular House Cleaning Services
- Duplex Home Cleaning Services
- Multi-Unit Home Cleaning Services
- Apartment Cleaning Services
- Condo Cleaning Services
- Studio Apartment Cleaning Services
- Townhouse Cleaning Services
- Bungalow House Cleaning Services
- Ranch Home Cleaning Services
- Commercial Cleaning Services
5 TIPS FOR Keeping Your Apartment Clean
1. MAKE YOUR BED
And teach your kids to make their beds too. Keep the bedding simple and as soon as you get up or in my case, after I’ve had a cup of coffee, make your bed. It will instantly make your bedrooms look put together and in reality it takes under a minute to complete.
2. TAKE IT OUT, PUT IT AWAY
Start working on this TODAY and enforce it with yourself and your family members. It’s such a simple principle but it’s hard to be consistent. I guarantee it will take you less time to put that one thing away than it will to put all the things away at the end of the day.
3. EVERYDAY A LITTLE SOMETHING
This is my mantra every.single.day. Don’t try to get it ‘all’ done in a day or every day. Just do something each and every day and I guarantee you’ll get over the feeling of I want my house to be clean all at once. With my simple cleaning routine you’ll find that maintaining the basics every day is really the secret to a clean and tidy home.
4. DEAL WITH MAIL ON A DAILY BASIS
Figure out a system that works for you and your family but stacks of paperwork, mail, and kid papers isn’t going to make your home feel organized. Toss any flyers or unnecessary mail at the door, open and file any bills that need to be paid, and decide on what will work for your kid papers. In our house we toss (recycle) most worksheets and keep the special artwork and papers.Clean Sink via Clean Mama
5. CLEAR AND WIPE YOUR COUNTERS DAILY
It sounds so simple doesn’t it? But in reality it takes some effort. Start with the kitchen counters and wipe them off after meals and at the least dinner. Then once you feel like you’ve got a handle on that task, add checking the bathroom counters to your routine. Put that toothpaste tube away and put the toiletries back where they belong. Give the counters and sink a quick wipe if necessary. Step-by-Step Nightly Sink Scrub via Clean Mama
6. WASH THE DISHES AND CLEAN YOUR SINK
At the end of the day, the last thing I (you too?) want to do is unload and/or load the dishwasher. The silly thing is that this dreaded task only takes a couple minutes. Why do we always put it off? Get in the habit of loading the dishwasher after dinner, wiping down the kitchen table, clearing and wiping the counters, and give that sink a little scrub. When you get up the next morning you will be so glad you did!
5 Tips For Better Apartment Living In Chicago
1. Save on Energy Costs
Like upgrading your fixtures, some energy-saving measures are more difficult to pull off in an apartment, but you can still do a lot. For example, you can still install window shades, install a programmable thermostat, use energy efficient light bulbs, and more. In fact, most of our best energy-saving tips should be applicable to apartment living—just make sure you check with your landlord before you start tearing anything apart or sealing up doors and windows.
2. Make It Feel Like Home
You may not be able to repaint your apartment, install new carpet, or make any other permanent changes, you can still customize it and make it feel like home. Use photos and frames creatively to keep the walls from looking too bare, and add a large rug or other floor covering to switch things up. Stick to good design principles and a little can go a long way, at least until it's time to buy your own place.
3. Use Your Space Wisely
You hear it all the time, but the most useful apartment tips we encounter always have to do with saving space. It makes sense, since apartments can be pretty tight fits—especially if you're renting in a big city. You can save a lot of space with cheap household products, though—like command hooks, bed risers, and over-the-door storage racks. Just remember: use your vertical space when you don't have horizontal space, especially where it's easily out of sight.
4. Cultivate a Good Relationship with Your Landlord
When you're looking for an apartment, don't just look at the unit—pay close attention to the landlord too. Avoid future problems by getting everything in writing, documenting the condition of the apartment, and knowing your rights. Hopefully you won't have too many problems, but if something ever does go wrong, make sure you hold your landlord accountable.
5. Deal with Noisy Neighbors
When you live in a house, your neighbors are separated by...well, another house. When you live in an apartment, your neighbors are separated by what always appears to be paper-thin "walls." If your neighbor is prone to loud music, lovemaking, or dance dance revolution binges at 1am, you have options. Obviously you can have a conversation with them, but depending on the circumstances, it may pay to go to the management or send them more subtle messages. Of course, you could just fill out this complaint form and slip it under their door too. And if you don't have any noisy neighbors...make sure you're not the noisy neighbor.
10 Chicago Apartment Living Hacks
1. Make your apartment look and feel bigger. Making your apartment bigger would probably involve some sorcery. But making your place look and feel bigger is certainly realistic. With smart planning and careful decor decisions, you can transform your limited space into a clutter-free, inviting haven.
2. Break your lease without breaking the bank. You might have a valid reason for wanting to get out of your lease, such as the need to relocate because of a job, marriage, or divorce, or perhaps you're buying a new home. If you must break your lease, find out how to limit, if not avoid, a penalty from your landlord.
3. Get your landlord's attention when you need it. Not all landlords are professional or courteous enough to respond promptly when you need an appliance fixed, a pest problem treated, or a neighbor dispute resolved. Try using these communication tips to help ensure you get the prompt attention your situation requires.
4. Make it seem like you don't live alone. Many apartment dwellers choose to live alone instead of sharing their place with roommates. If you're one of them, you don't need to advertise that fact to potential stalkers, thieves, and other criminals. A few tweaks to your answering machine's outgoing message can help keep you safe.
5. Dry off faster after a shower. If you're disappointed with your bath towel or find you always need two of them to get dry after a shower, you've got an alternative to consider. Find out if a "bath sheet" is the right choice for you.
6. Turn your toilet into a conversation piece. Chances are, your toilet seat is plain and generic, but many apartment dwellers don't realize it doesn't have to be this way. You can change the color, material, or design of your toilet seat to enhance your bathroom's decor or even serve as a conversation piece with guests.
7. Squeeze money out of your air-conditioning units. If you've got air-conditioning units in your apartment, chances are it has settings such as fan speed, auto, and timer. Many people don't use all the features their air-conditioners have to offer, but taking a moment to understand and adjust your units' settingscan let you stay as cool as you need to be while also keep your electricity bill down.
8. Fight rodents even if you're squeamish. No one wants mice or rats in their apartment, but some renters have trouble with even the thought of rodent disposal. Fortunately, if you're squeamish, there are some options designed for you.
9. Fix your own toilet problem. Nearly every apartment dweller experiences a clogged toilet. If this happens to you, you may be able to fix the problem and get your toilet operational again without having to get your landlord or a plumber involved, thanks to a plunger.
10. Use a ceiling fan to warm your apartment. Most people think of fans as something you use to cool off. But many ceiling fans come with a switch that enables the fan to serve the opposite purpose, which can come in handy during colder months. If your apartment has a ceiling fan, find out if it can help you keep your apartment warm.